15 Things Don Moen Would Never Tell You about Himself
We’re thrilled to be partnering with Don Moen for our upcoming tour to Israel this September. The opportunity to worship in the land of the Bible with one of America’s foremost worship leaders is exciting. Prior to working with him, most of our team only knew Don from songs like “God Will Make a Way” and his work with Integrity’s Hosanna! Music. Building a friendship with him as we’ve planned this Christian tour has been a blessing.
Despite his comfort performing in front of thousands, Don is a quiet, unassuming guy. He’s as humble as anyone we know. He’s written more than 100 songs but rarely describes himself as a songwriter. He doesn’t call himself a worship leader despite facilitating worship events all over the world. Because we’ve loved getting to know him better, we want you to know him better, too.
Here are 15 things you may not have known about Don Moen:
- Don recorded five Hosanna! worship albums before releasing Worship with Don Moen, his first album under his own name.
- His first Hosanna! release, Give Thanks (1986), was certified Gold, meaning it shipped at least 500,000 copies—making it the label’s all-time best-seller.
- Don is the author of beloved worship songs like “God Will Make a Way,” “I Want to Be Where You Are,” and “God is Good All the Time.”
- Don’s 34 albums have combined to sell more than five million units.
- Don has led worship in every continent except Antarctica.
- Don’s music has been nominated for nine Dove Awards.
- Don won a Dove Award for creating God With Us, which won Musical Album of the Year in 1994.
- For more than 20 years, Don was the creative director and president of Integrity Music.
- In 2002, Don received the Ray DeVries Church Ministry Award, which recognizes the work of those who have significantly influenced the music and worship ministry of the church.
- Don’s 2003 recording of “God Is Good All the Time” won the Dove Award for Country Recorded Song of the Year.
- In 2004, Don’s Spanish-language album Trono de Gracia was nominated for a Dove Award.
- Don is the founder of Worship in Action, a nonprofit ministry dedicated to worship evangelism through events, training, and worship in action worldwide.
- Don has served as worship leader for past National Day of Prayer events.
- As a music industry spokesperson, Don has been featured on Fox News, NPR, and USA Today.
- In April 2014, Don became an official Gospel Music Association Honoree at the GMA Hall of Fame Ceremony in Nashville.
We’re excited to add a new achievement to this long list of honors, as Don joins us September 9–19, 2014, for the Don Moen & Friends Israel Tour. The tour includes special guests Lenny LeBlanc, Paul Wilbur, and author Stephen Mansfield. The chance to learn and worship with these leaders in Israel is one we’ll never forget.
Join us on this tour! You will get to know Don better as he performs nightly in the Holy Land. Most importantly, you’ll see your faith deepened as you enter God’s presence amid the most familiar settings of Scripture.