Packing Tips for Israel
If you’re already thinking about what to bring on your upcoming Christian tour to Israel, we’ve provided the checklist and information below to help you pack for your exceptional travel experience. Spring and fall in Israel is beautiful and typically in the 80s, while summers are hot and sometimes a bit humid.
- Casual clothes (trousers/pants, jeans, shorts, T-shirts, collared shirts or blouses)
- Light sweater or jacket
- Bathing suit and a cover-up or wrap
- Light rain coat and/or compact umbrella
- Comfortable walking shoes or sandals with rubber soles
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Toiletries (in a sealed, clear plastic bag inside your carry-on luggage)
- Minor First Aid care items (Band-Aids, aspirin, hand sanitizer, etc.)
- Medications (please bring all medications in their original containers)
- Hair care appliances (see our information on Using Electronics during your trip)
- Small bag or backpack (large enough for a small Bible, pen, camera and other personal items)
- Passport with separate photocopy (see below for more information)
Make certain your suitcase closes and fastens securely. Mark your luggage and carry-on bag clearly with your name and address so you will be able to distinguish them easily. Your personal luggage tags can be used for this purpose or you may use paper tags available at airline check-in counters. We recommend that you put identification information (name, address and phone number) INSIDE your luggage in case the luggage tags on the outside are lost in transit. It is also suggested that you keep your essential toiletries and a one day change of clothes with you in your carry-on. Do not pack your passport or travel documents in your luggage. It is suggested that you keep a color copy of the information page of your passport inside your luggage in the event that your passport is lost.
For more information please call one of our Reservation Coordinators at 800 247 1899, Monday through Friday between 8:30am-5:00pm, Pacific Time.